Texturas em Grafite - semana 1 / Graphite textures - 1st week

These are the photos used in the first class. 
Scroll all the way down the page to find the instructions on how to send me the result of your practices via email. 









































These are some guidelines that will be important when you begin to practice and send me the results of your practice. Thus, come back to this message when you begin to send me your results, and please double-check all topics below before sending me the messages, until you get used to the process of this organization.


1- Please take close-up pictures of the results of your practice under the sunlight or under strong daylight. Avoid artificial lamps, as usually the photos may result overly dark and thus hard to assess. Try also changing the settings of your camera to get different luminosity qualities of the same drawing. 

2- Take photos of your drawing along the process and not only of the final result, thereby I can analyze how you are getting such results and make comments on that too. Take different photos of each stage of the drawing and send me only the best one of each stage. Three photos are enough, one during the initial steps, one when you're halfway to the end, and another one at the end. But of course, you can wait for my feedback before finishing it, then you are free to choose to send me only two photos.

3 - Please don't forget to send me the original model you used for your drawing, even when you use one of my own pictures. If you draw an object from life, take a picture of it in the same position and under the same illumination you used to draw it, otherwise I'll have no means to assess what you represented in your drawing. 

4- Please send me an email with the subject "practice by ____ (your name)" or "exercises from _____ (your name)". I'll reply saying "ok, got it". Then please, when you need to reach out to me again, don't ever send me a new message or edit the subject, but keep always replying to that same email whenever you send me your results. This will surely help to keep my inbox organized and will make it easier for me to find all the pictures I received from each student in one only thread for each of you. But note that this request regards only the remittance of your drawings. On many occasions, I may reach out to the whole class by sending a new message with a different subject, and hence you are free to reply to those new messages for any pertinent queries. 

5- Keep always checking your spam box during the course, as many of my messages end up filtered because of the high number of recipients.

Any questions about these guidelines can be asked during the class, so all students can hear the answer.
Thank you so much

Rogério